What are your goals?

  
Go-Getters: Goal Getters

With only a few weeks left of the year, what goals did you set for 2017?
 What goals can you accomplish before this year ends?





 In pursuing your goals, here are two tips to remember:


1) Keep your goals aligned with God's plan for your life

No matter how difficult it can be to accomplish your goals you can keep going when your goals are aligned with God's will.

Luke 22:41-42 "And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.

When you submit to God's plans, He will back you up. It will still be difficult and can be a long journey but in due time you will see fruit. We have to focus on building God's kingdom first. Even Jesus asked if there was another way but He surrendered to the will of His Father.

2) Keep your goals in front of you

 Jesus had a goal when He went to the cross. His focus was not on the current pain and agony but the joy set before Him. This requires faith. Faith is believing that you will see the promises of God no matter how things look right now. 

Hebrews 12:2 "looking unto Jesus, the author, and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

What has God set before you? Maybe a call to own a non-profit? Invent something that will change the world? Have a ministry to help end abortion or domestic violence? Own several businesses? See your loved ones come to Christ? 

Keep PUSHING this year!!! Don't wait to start over in January! Pray for direction and strategy as you allow the Lord to lead you forward.

Pray with me: Lord, I seek Your face First! Let Your will be done in me as I surrender to You. Encourage my heart in the areas that I feel like I have been fighting the air and have not seen the outcome of my labor. I will continue to yield to You and pursue all that You have for me regardless of what my eyes may see right now. I trust You and am believing for You to fulfill Your plans for my life not just in 2018 but 2017 as well. Help me to finish this year strong! In Jesus name, Amen

Comments

Popular Posts