"Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10


Jesus teaches us to pray for God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven. We should pray for God's kingdom, not ours. We spend so much time building our kingdoms but Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to come. So how do we model this in prayer? We pray from a posture of knowing that God is sovereign and we submit to His will.

God has a will. He has a purpose and a plan. We pray for Him to guide us into His plans for our lives, which requires us to surrender our own plans. There is FREEDOM when we surrender our will, our fears, our desires and most importantly our hearts. 

Many of us have goals and aspirations including where we want to live, work, etc. However, God may have different plans for our lives. I want to challenge you to fully surrender your life to God. Allow Him to guide you and as you surrender you will experience freedom like never before. When you allow God to truly order your steps, you will not be disappointed.

Pray with me: Lord, let Your kingdom come and Your will be done. Teach me how to pray for Your will so that you can build Your kingdom through me. There is freedom when I surrender to You! I surrender my life, my will and my heart. Have Your way in me, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts