Years ago, I unexpectedly saw my best friend/sister in the mall. I had not seen her in a couple of years, since we live many miles away from each other. After shock, I cried profusely, to the point that I was almost embarrassed. I was so excited to see her. Even when we have not seen each other in forever, we tend to pick up right where we left off.


I often think of how God responds when we are in His presence, especially after  we have been gone for a long time. I am reminded of the prodigal son, in Luke chapter 15. I love the response of his father in verse 20,


“And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.


This parable shows the heart of God towards his children. Oddly enough, because we do not understand the heart of God, we stay away from God. It is interesting how similar we are to Adam and Eve. When they sinned in the Garden of Eden, they immediately hid from God. We tend to hide from God too because of sin, distractions and busyness. Countless things pull our attention and if we are not careful, things can pull our heart.


However, we can repent sincerely and cling to the presence of God. The devil will make us feel that we cannot come to God but God is waiting with open arms to welcome us into His presence.


Know today that God is for you! Put your attention and heart back on Him. Remove distractions, sin, busyness and everything that you allow to keep you from His presence.

Pray with me:
Father, You are great in all Your ways! Please forgive for every area in my life that I have allowed to keep me from focusing on you. There is no place like Your presence. Wrap me in Your arms because in Your presence I am free. In Your presence, there is fullness of joy. In Your presence, You delight in me. Your thoughts toward me are good and not evil. Thank You for Your mercy and endless, unconditional love. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts