As we began to focus on New Years resolutions, we should desire to draw closer to God. My prayer is to focus more on God and to seek His face like never before. A big part of seeking the Lord is spending time in His presence. God promises that if we seek Him, we will find Him. Seeking the Lord is not simply praying but removing distractions so we be sensitive to the Spirit of God. If we are not careful, we will find ourselves seeking so many things. Often the things we seek, consume our time and feed our selfish ambitions.


As much as I believe 2018 is going to be an epic year for what God has in store for my life, I am more concerned with what is on God heart. Let me explain. Too many times, my prayers are what I consider "eye level".  I pray for my family, my friends, my loved ones, and things I can see with my eyes.

In this new year, well actually now, I am praying for God to elevate my prayers beyond what I can see. I want to go deeper. I want God to reveal His heart to me in a greater way and expand my prayer life to things beyond what I can see. I want to understand more of God's heart and I want God to show me more of things that are to come.

In getting your vision board ready and setting your new goals, I want to encourage you to make room for God in a new way. Let's grow closer to God in 2018. Let's ask God to stir up our hearts and increase our desire for more of Him. 

"And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."     -Jeremiah 29:13

Pray with me: Lord, may Your presence fill my life in a NEW way. I purpose in my heart to seek You like never before. May You take preeminence in my life above all my goals, aspirations and resolutions. Take me deeper and show me Your ways. You are my desire. Help me to remove distractions and things that hinder me from communing with You. Remove selfish ambitions and give me Your heart, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts