Hope is defined as the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. Hope helps to get us out of bed in the morning. As believers, our hope is in Christ and because we have hope in Him we can keep believing for the best.

Here are two tips to help you hope in God:

1) Read the Bible: - it may sound simple but as you read the Word of God hope will fill your heart.

Psalm 119:114 You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word”

No matter what you are going through, you will find strength, wisdom, and hope as you read. Set your heart to read God’s Word, even if it is one verse that you meditate on each day.

You can even incorporate a bible app that will remind you of daily scripture verses. As you read, pray for the Lord to give you understanding so you can apply what you are reading to your life.

2) Remember who God is and what He has done - sometimes we lose hope because we forget who God is.

Lamentations 3:21-22  “This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope.  Through the Lord’s mercies, we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not”.

Has God done anything at all in your life? Even the “smallest” testimonies are worth remembering in order for you to keep believing. When we remember who God is, our doubts are swallowed and we can hope again.

Pray with me: Lord, I thank You because You are my HOPE. I will stand on Your Word and remember all that You are to me. I refuse to give in to hopelessness and doubt because You are Christ in me the hope of glory, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts